Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Banana Oat Bars

I found THIS great recipe from La Bonne Cuisine and have made a few changes to fit our family's likes, allergies, how healthy we're feeling that day, etc., etc.

Banana Oat Bars:

2 cups quick oats (or regular broken up)
1/2 c. shredded coconut
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Ground flax seed

(A lot of times I'll add wheat germ and millet. It just depends on what I have on hand from Winco's healthy bulk section. HOWEVER, if you put more of the dry stuff in, add a little more banana or applesauce to balance out the moisture)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix everything together and place in a greased 8X8 pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool. Cut into bars and serve.

6 comments:

Liz said...

YUM! I can't wait to try them. I'm always looking for healthy things to give Hailey to snack on! Thanks.

Jana Atwood said...

Wow- that's so healthy! Thanks! :)

Todd, Kendra and Carson said...

Those pictures of Tyler up top are adorable! I love 'em and him!

Kim said...

I'll give it a shot! i love your new blog look. the family pics and especially tyler's new ones..so cute!

Angie Wycherly said...

Now I can finally make my own instead of mooching off you!

jenhatch said...

those look yummy! I'll have to try them!