Monday, December 07, 2009

O Christmas Tree

This year we had the chance to go cut down our own Christmas tree with some friends. We've never done that before and it was so fun! (Maybe because I wasn't the one doing the cutting)

Here are the boys cutting down the first one. Pretty sure these were wolf tracks...part of the reason I didn't get out of the car until I absolutely HAD to.

Ty and I braving the cold. And watching out for any wildlife that might be eyeing us.
Our lovely find.
The finished product.
So, a little bigger and more sparse than it appeared in the mountains, but we love it because we drove an hour to walk through the snow and cut it down ourselves with great company!

3 comments:

Todd, Kendra and Carson said...

Kind of looks a little "Charlie Brownish", but it has character! Mine and Todd's first Christmas tree looked like that, but shorter. How cool to go cut your own down just like they did in the old days! Merry Christmas!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

THat is so awesome! Just like the Grizwalds huh?!! :) I love your tree! Super fun!

Ilene said...

Part of me is a bit envious.

But the part of me that likes warmth and to look at wildlife through an electric fence is happy with my artificial tree.