Monday, June 16, 2008

JUNK KING

We had our adult Pinewood Derby church activity last Saturday and you'd never believe it by looking at our car, but we took 4th! The first car Josh built had a bit too much epoxy leakage into the wheels so we had to hurry and get another kit. With 45 minutes to make a new car, this is what we...Josh came up with. There were no weight limits so we used a golf club weight, loaded it full of fishing sinkers, and electrical taped the crap out of it. Then we painted Shake-N-Bake on the hood with whiteout. Hence the title of this post...we won the "JUNK KING" award.



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

JANEAL said...

How fun that you had an adult pinewood derby race....that's a good idea! Congrats!!

Brittani said...

That is probably the cooles thing I've ever heard! An adult pinewood derby! Congrats on the 4th place.

jenhatch said...

what a fun date night! Making cars and a little friendly competition... very cool. And I like the junked out - taped up car... very classy! ;)

Brittani said...

I just changed my blog to private, so email me your email address and i'll add you! seanyboyaf@gmail.com

Melissa Snyder said...

Hey Josh, this is Melissa Quinn Snyder. Do you remember me? I stumbled upon your family blog. What a cute bunch you all are. What have you been up to my friend? I saw you have Jeff's on there too but I need his email so I can get in touch with him too. Jeff Bench's email. Let me know. Our family website is www.lanceandmelissa.blogspot.com Check us out. Hope all is well. Its been a long time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.